Annapolis 2015

Jun 5, 2010
Hunter 25 Burlington NJ
Just curious about who might be going to the show. I aim to be there on Friday, pretty much all day. (There are no Cruising Outpost parties planned-- BB and his gang overloaded the place last year.)

I have a few visits to make to potential distributors, both with books and with a very preliminary catalogue of my dad's drawings that we're going to offer as posters. Right now I have a H33, a H27, a R33 the original H54 (ketch), some of the other boats, and (a little drawing of) my single favorite of all his work, all as sail plans. I have not found a production-model H25 sail plan except in a very small scale that will need PhotoShop work to be pretty.

I will remind people that, of his drawings I have, the very coolest ones are those on which he doodled or sketched something to clarify it, like some corner of a settee or how the chainplates were to be mounted. This stuff is NOT supposed to be on any strictly-engineering drawing; but there you have it: an artist and engineer at the same time.

I intend to get as much of this stuff available for the Christmas market; in the meantime, if you're going to be at Annapolis, give me a shout (e-mail and phone info are in the directory) and we'll hook up.

Only good thing about the incoming storm is that, as Annapolis veterans will well know, this is the rain we typically get for show week. ('Here's that rainy day, man.' --what we said to each other attending this show for about 20 years straight.) :doh:

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
keep an eye on the weather as Joaquin may be headed that way for this weekend. Hope it stays out and there are no damages to interfere with the show.