Anemometer repair upper Barnagate bay

Dil

Jul 13, 2020
Hunter 30T Neptune
Any one known who I might be able to call to fix my anemometer. I'm in Brick on Metedeconk I think it might be a connection at the mast head but I'm not will or able to get to the top of the mast to check.

Thanks

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 30_88-94 Ipswich, Ma MA
What brand is it? If it’s Raymarine, you can find detailed information online regarding voltage readings, which are easy to check with a multi meter. Two place to check are at the mast jumper and the display head. You can also call Raymarine for technical help.
If your area in NJ is anything line up here in Ma, getting an electronics guy to come out an having a look any time of year is like hitting the lottery.
I think in my next life I’m coming back as a Marine Electronics Tech.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Might climb the mast and check the connection first. Friend's anemometer recenly became unplugged so that was a simple fix.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Here's the link to Raymarine's Wind Transducer testing page. Transducer Test if in fact you have a Raymarine system.
Also, I found a junction box at the mast base AND one in the bilge. In my case the junction box in the bilge had corroded connections.
I'd follow the cable from the mast base to the instrument and test at any junction box you find before worrying about the mast head.

On @lehighsail 's Hunter 31 we found the mast base junction box at the top of the compression post inside the cabin.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
You could bring the boat to Mariners where they have a cherry picker and perhaps an electronics guy to figure it out, if there isn't any place closer. Ward's suggest is good!

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
Mariners has plenty of open slips on the outside docks where you could keep your boat for a few days. It would probably cost a little for transient fee, but they would also be able to easily find a place where the cherry picker is accessible and I'm pretty sure there is guy on site to help with the electronics and perhaps anything else that needs attention. It's a better place to sail than the northern end of Barnegat Bay & Metedeconk to boot. At least, the depth isn't as limiting, even though it is still shallow. You might like it in our neighborhood!

Dil

Jul 13, 2020
Hunter 30T Neptune
yea think I will give them a call I already looked for the loose connection to no avail looks like a nice marina don't think I wanna have to drive that far to get to the boat all the time thanks