Anchors

HomeyD

Mar 3, 2023
Catalina 22 Swing Kiel Mystic CT
Now I like this idea. Need to figure out how it will respong to salt water.

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
You know......a "Super Soaker" type squirt gun might be the best all around option for anchor cleaning. No electrical drain, uses available water, probably a few other uses as well.

Aug 15, 2022
Catalina 22 14790 Redwood City, CA
I'll swear by our relatively lightweight 13lb Mantus M1. The instant that thing hits the bottom, it is STUCK. Short scope, shifting tides/currents, stupid exposed anchorage we never should have been in, whatever, it is stuck. It has never dragged a foot to my knowledge, and we have truly tested it.

View attachment 213595
Where does your forestay attach in this pic? Also do you think there is clearance for my roller furler? I bought the CD anchor roller but never put it on as I was trying to figure out how to do it properly.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Where does your forestay attach in this pic? Also do you think there is clearance for my roller furler? I bought the CD anchor roller but never put it on as I was trying to figure out how to do it properly.
The forestay attaches in the same place it always does, since the original stem fitting simply mounts inside the roller. So your furler should be just fine, unless I'm missing something.

Now for the bad news. I tried to use that CD roller, but the biggest anchor it would hold was the 8lb Danforth which CD mentions in their description. Anything bigger and the flukes would dig into the hull. I couldn't even make a nine pound anchor work. I started a couple threads about this at the time, but Photobucket ate all the pics. :mad: