Anchoring/Guest moorage with access to downtown Seattle?

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
Greetings,

I've got a 2 day meeting in downtown Seattle in late October. Since I'm always up for an adventure, is there anywhere to anchor in reasonably close proximity? Is security a concern if anchored? It seems guest moorage options are pretty slim. Shilshole looks like the closest marina with guest moorage, but it would take over an hour to get to my destination from there via public trans. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

May 10, 2004
Hunter 340 Bremerton, WA up from Woodland
Bell Harbor's first come - first serve slips are usually plentiful for weekday arrivals. Can't get any closer in.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Anchoring is limited to a couple of areas in the industrial areas to the south of the water front. Not a great place for a rec boat given the commercial traffic and relentless ferry traffic. Find a slip or consider Blake Harbor ( not Island) or Eagle harbor and jump on the ferry there. That’s probably the best idea…

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
Bell Harbor's first come - first serve slips are usually plentiful for weekday arrivals. Can't get any closer in.
I have been there 3 times in the past 5 years, this year included and it has been my experience that reservations are accepted and encouraged. However they all have been when the Toronto Blue Jays are in town so maybe that weekend is unique.

Jul 18, 2015
South P10 Pugetopolis
If you can't get into Elliot Bay or Bell harbor, you can find room across the bay in Winslow, marina

ferry dock within walking distance

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
:plus: For Bell Harbor. Gated access, nice facilities.

Of course this is 2022 Seattle. What happens on the streets, well. :frown::yikes::poop:

Also Bremerton across the sound Is a ferry commuter away.

Nov 21, 2012
Made a reservation for Bell Harbor, then found a coupon in 48° North online for $20 off per night for a 3 night stay, exactly what we're planning. Yay! Way more fun, and way cheaper than a hotel at $250+ per night.

I'm attending a 2-day Victron training session. Claire will work and paint. We're excited for an urban adventure.

Oct 22, 2014
When I was there, met a CG officer on summer training, came up from Oregon on his boat. We had a great dinner and discussion. It can be a bit of a shake up when you wake and find a 10 story cruise ship docked ont the other side of the breakwater in the wee hours of the morning. Not sure how they snuck that sucker in without me hearing the shore crew.

Have a great time.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
What did it cost you a night if you don’t mind me asking? My dock neighbor use to slip there and walk to the Mariners games. I always wondered what it would cost a night.

Oct 22, 2014
Mike. It is worth the stop.
What is the mantra in Real Estate.... Location Location Location... Bell Harbor has that cornered. Waggoners Guide has all the details, including the info about the confined space entry and tight turn when entering the breakwater. Keep an eye out for exiting boats. Once in the marina it is a safe and quiet space. The traffic that used to run on the elevated roadway is gone (all in the tunnel).

Nov 21, 2012
There's a coupon on the 48° North website for $60 off a 3 night stay. Total was $103. We stayed an extra day to wait out the 30 kts+ gusts (and visit the Biscuit Bitch for breakfast!) and that was another $56 for moorage. Biscuits were extra.

Nov 21, 2012
Passed the Nimitz heading back to Bremerton on our way north on Friday. Not the best photo, as we kept a respectful distance.
20221028_163824.jpg

Plus we had the spinnaker up on the pole for the first time and that took much of our attention.
68868997716__791FD530-AAEF-4179-B262-FD9141722AF6.JPG