Anchor Roller

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
My dock neighbor is attempting to remove and replace the anchor roller with a longer one. The forward bold came out easily but the aft one spins. Anyone know if it is secured with a nut or is it a screw like the other one? There's no way we can get to the underneath to see. Thanks!

Attachments

Nov 26, 2012
Catalina 250 Bodega Bay CA
Probably the same kind of threading. Get him to use an electric drill/socket on it. Grab bolt head with Vise grips and raise up and hopefully be able to push flat blade screwdriver tip under bolt head. Place socket/drill on bolt head with screwdriver leveraged to help inhibit nut rotation. Wrapping wire tightly under the bolt head continuosly as it rises may work as well. Hope this helps! Chief

Oct 5, 2010
Catalina 30 mkII St. Augustine
On mine it is through bolted. There is an access port in the anchor locker which gives access to the nuts.

gpd955

Feb 22, 2006
Catalina 310 Cape May, NJ
Thanks guys! Were able to get it using leverage. We couldn't see anything or reach anything through the access port. Hopefully he is able to get the new one installed easily. I have referred hi to this site but he's not on the Internet a lot! Thanks again for your help!