Anchor Roller Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussB

Nov 3, 2007
S2 9.2A Bay City MI
I need to add some protection for the bow of my 9.2A and an anchor roller. Does anyone out there have suggestions on which to use and any suggestions on how to install/bed?

Pops

Apr 11, 2004
- - Albemarle Sound
Yeah, me too. My 1980 h27 does not have a roller. I need one as I am getting old (I used to baby-sit Wavy Gravy's wife's younger brother Brook), and need a more positive system.

Mar 8, 2008
S2 30 9.2A Jax
Russ --

The answer may depend on the size/type of anchor. I have a Delta 35# and 22# and interchange them on a Kingston roller/mount. I can't recall the size, but believe there was only one model that fit both Delta anchors. I keep one on the mount and one in the anchor locker with both rodes. The 35# has 130' of 5/16" G4 chain and 250 feet of 5/8" plait braid and the 22# has 30 feet of 5/16" G4 chain and 200 feet of 5/8" three strand. When cruising, I keep the 35# on the mount and the 22# in the locker and vice versa when not cruising. Now, if only my back worked like it used to...

Rick

BobM

Jun 10, 2004
S2 9.2A Winthrop, MA
The anchor roller on my S2 is on the starboard side and is, as I recall, welded onto the stainless plate on the nose. It seems to be a factory option and I was pleased when I saw it, as it is a nice clean installation and should prove quite study as that plate is well attached to the boat. What do you mean by needing protection?

RussB

Nov 3, 2007
S2 9.2A Bay City MI
We deploy a 15# Danforth off the starboard side under the pulpit rail. The chain plays out over the edge of the deck in front of the toe rail but behind the bow plate. I think I would like to go to something like a Rocna or Manson Supreme and self deploy it from a bow roller. Welding a roller to the triangular bow plate does make sense.

Mar 14, 2007
S2 9.2A Seattle, WA
I added a bow roller to the starboard bow, drilled through the stainless steel and fiberglass, bedded it with 5200 and bolted it in place ... then realized that the roller partially obscured the Nav light. I disconnected the original Nav lights and installed a combination red/green light on the bow pulpit rail and ran the new wiring through the rail. I like the new lights better that the original. I have a #15 Bruce anchor, about 30' of chain and 200' of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.