Anchor Roller Catalina 30 *!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roy

I have a standard rig Cat 30 with an anchor roller/forestay mount ( 2 small ones ) that basicly just keep the rode from chafing. I would like to install a long anchor roller that woud hold a Bruce Anchor out away from the bow. I've looked around but don't see anything that I can mount without major changes. Any ideas, any experience with this. Pulling the anchor out of the locker isn't always that easy. thank you

J

Jack Swords

Did that

Used a stock West Marine bow roller on our 1983 Catalina 30. Notched the bottom to fit back from bow. Using a Bruce 33 pound anchor. Could weld it to stainless stem piece for more strength, but not needed. Also could mount stem piece on top of roller (but didn't want to take it off). Anchor is away from bow, launches easily.

R

Roy

Thanks

I didn't realize I could take the rollers that are on there off separate of the stem. thanks

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Dinghy Carpeting

Jack Nice job on the carpeting. We got that idea from a slipmate. It's great for the dinghy floor. Stu

M

Mark

Catalina Direct

Catalina Direct has heavy duty anchor rollers that are drilled and machined to fit exactly to the existing configurations for various Catalinas. www.catalinadirect.com

Status
Not open for further replies.