Anchor locker drainage

Jul 6, 2010
Catalina 30 Bainbridge Island, WA
The anchor locker on my C30 does not drain completely. The small hole is located about a inch above the flat surface, so I'm left with about an inch of standing water. I'm not excited about drilling another hole below the existing one. Any ideas?
Thank you for any input.

Tom Wilson

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
The anchor locker on my C30 does not drain completely. The small hole is located about a inch above the flat surface, so I'm left with about an inch of standing water. I'm not excited about drilling another hole below the existing one. Any ideas?
Thank you for any input.

Tom Wilson
How is your trim? If you are even slightly down by the stern that might be a simple fix.

Jul 6, 2010
Catalina 30 Bainbridge Island, WA
Trim seems to be OK. Have a spare anchor in aft locker and Avon raft in aft locker. I'm going to build a raised platform to keep rode and chain above standing water and see how it works.
Thank for you suggestion.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
The anchor locker on my C30 does not drain completely. The small hole is located about a inch above the flat surface, so I'm left with about an inch of standing water. I'm not excited about drilling another hole below the existing one.

Any ideas? [/QUOTE
]
Yes, do a search on the subject. This was covered in the past month or so.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
What is the need to drain that last inch of water in the anchor locker ?
Yeah, it will probably get flooded on every wave you hit anyway. Do yourself a bigger favor and drill another drain hole on the opposite side, a couple inches above the first drain. If the first gets clogged up, the second will drain it rather than flood the locker, then the cabin interior.

Last edited:

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
I think this has come up as a discussion before. IMO, the best approach is to pour about an inch plus of epoxy into a clean locker to raise the bottom. You might also be able to add a slight slope to the drain fully even with different trim.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Do yourself a bigger favor and drill another drain hole on the opposite side, a couple inches above the first drain.
This is exactly my Hunter setup from the factory ......... the lower hole is about an inch above the bottom and another hole is about 6" above and on the opposite side of the bow. I've had an inch of water in my anchor locker since 1999.

Once again, I've got to ask:

Why would anyone want to keep their dirty, smelly, dark, anchor locker bone dry :facepalm: ? ? ?