Anchor Locker/Bilge Water

Poppie

Sep 18, 2023
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Ontario
Does some one know where the water drains from the anchor locker? I know there are 2 drain holes in the bow, but the water seems to disappear instantly, and never gets that high. Is it possible, it makes it all the way back to the bilge between the galley and head? This is the only bilge with water in it, and all the other ones are dry. I can’t figure out where the water water comes from here.

arf145

Nov 4, 2010
Beneteau 331 Deale, MD
Those drains you've identified are the drains for the anchor locker. On my 331, if I remember correctly, they are indeed very near the bottom of the locker. It's really unlikely that the anchor locker is the source of the water in your bilge way back in the galley area. If you think anchor water is getting in, you should be able to see in in the area under the V berth first.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Our Oceanis 37 had a leak from the anchor locker drains contributing water to the back parts of the bilge, under the galley sink, head, and central bilge area.

The holes from the locker out the sides of the hull are how the locker is supposed to drain. In our case there was a void between the locker liner and the hull, so water went through that void instead of following the hole all the way out the hull. From there the water disappeared into the floor grid only to reappear at the lower parts of the boat.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
The anchor locker “should be” sealed from the rest of the boat. Drains on my boat; one on port is at the bottom and the other on starboard about 4 inches higher. No void on the 423….. solid hull.
Greg
s/v Souleil