Anchor light bulb

• Thread starter Andrew Brayshaw
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Brayshaw

A little help please. I spent a lovely afternoon at the masthead of my 34 installing a new windex and trying to fix the anchor light.Just as I removed the bulb a motor boat came flying past and I accidentally dropped the bulb which of course landed in the water and sank.I can remember what the bulb looked like but I never got chance to see what wattage it was. Any ideas? The anchor light is in a little dome on top of a 4 inch stainless tube.All I remember about the bulb is that it was short with bayonette fitting. Thanks in advance Andrew

R

Rich Stidger

Check your owner's manual

I have all the bulbs listed in my owners manual. Otherwise, if you know the brand of anchor light you should be able to look it up. Last resort, call Hunter. Thanks for the story and smile.....

J

Jim oursler

Andrew... new topic...

I found one weak spot in my '84 34 that was corrected on later builds... For thru hulls, Hunter cut same size hole through the liner and hull. When thru hull develops a leak.. water can see between hull and liner. Hunter had not expected this to happen as the liner was supposed to be securely epoxied to the hull.. but then hunter found that there were voids. I had a 1 gallon/3 minute leak, which would be a catastrophe at sea. You can easily inspect. On later builds, they cut out the liner to a much larger diameter around the thru hulls, so you could repair the leak at sea. On my boat, repair in water was impossible. Thru hull locations include head inlet and outlet, engine inlet, sink drains, and depth and knot meters.... a lot of holes in the hull.

M

Mike Daus

Sounds like

you have the same anchor light as our 82 H36. Have a spare bulb somehwere in the nav station. Will look for it and repost later this week. Mike s/v Charisma

Status
Not open for further replies.