anchor light assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Germano

I have an '89 Cat 22 wing keel and recently had the mast unstepped. The anchor light has not come on since I purchased the boat a year ago. I have a replacement bulb but the light asssembly appears frozen ( or something ) because I can't seem to get it open. It has a black top and bottom and the clear cylindrical lens. I don't know if it has been opened in 14 years. I don't know if the top or bottom comes off but it seemed that neither would turn - Has anybody done this? I didn't want to force it ( = break it ) if there were some "trick" I didn't know about. Appreciate any input. Thank - you.

M

Mark

anchor light

As I recall it has to turn and then comes off. I recently tried to do what you are doing and it was so brittle that it broke in taking it off. I ended up replacing the whole thing with a part from Catalina Direct for a reasonable price. Mark

J

Jim

anchor lt

Not sure if you got it off yet but mine unscrews counter clockwise only about 1/4 inch then pulls off. There are 3 little tabs that fit under the brass plate on the bottom. These are in the clear plastic. The top black and the clear are one piece. Jim

W

Warren Hughes

Masthead Light

As a trailer sailor I have busted the masthead light off my mast twice backing the boat into my driveway. I suspect the C-22 masthead light, as you describe it, is the same as the one on the Capri 18. It is made by Aqua-Signal, it's a type 25 serieslight available from WestMarine or BoatUS for under $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.