Anchor Bowsprit Plastic Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Duff

Without having a new one manufactured-does anyone know where to buy a replacement plastic roller? The clevis between the anchor chain and rope will only fit under the bowsprit guide with a notch grooved into it and all chandleries in my area suggest buying one of theirs - of course - any having a machine shop increase the groove. Perhaps replacing the clevis pin with some other arrangement would help??? Mike & Isabelle SV Orion Hunter Legend 40.5

J

Jim Vincent

40.5 anchor roller

Mike, i have a '93 40.5, my anchor rollers were also worn and needed to be replaced. i have 2 CQR's and if you do too, you'll notice the bottom of the CQR anchor (the portion that sits on the roller)is flat and the roller it self is shaped in a "v", so consequently the anchor never sat level on the roller when stowed. since the rollers were worn, i removed them and keep only the pin with a short 3" section of hose over the pin. ....works great and the anchors (CQR or similar) stow level, and you can't beat the price! take care, Jim Vincent Toucan

Status
Not open for further replies.