An Economical Line Cutter

Oct 4, 2010
Hunter 376 Kent Island, MD
SECURITE ( X3 ) !! NOTICE: For those of you that paragrenate waters that are replete with a plethora of crab/lobsta pots, there is a new and cost-considerate line cutter for your propellar shaft. Sea Shield Marine, Walnut, CA 91789, makes the SALCA Line Cutter. Similar to the Shaft Shark 300, but at a very much reduced price. The " catch is that the cutter is attached to a sacrificial anode, and may need replacement at some point. However, it's a VERY BULKY anode and may last more than two years. Considering your chronological age, and how long you may continue to sail, divided by the cost of this device verses the other "trops cher" devices on the market, even Methusala would have benefitted ( YES!! I know, Noah Webster and I differ on this spelling,....save battery time withholding negative Tweets!!!,.) Layton & Shelley could not have been more helpful, patient and courteous with my many questions. They are a FIRST CLASS operation and deserve recognition in PRACTICAL SAILOR'S exceptional Co's column. You have to purchase said item through a retailer ( ie: West Marine, Defender, etc. ). BUT, BE APPRISED !! The codes in these companies catalogues are for a sole anode sans a cutter. You MUST talk with someone directly to get the correct item. Hope this verbose narrative is helpful to someone out there. fair Winds... MRF