An Announcement About Catalina Parts. A Big One.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Frank Butler, the late founder of Catalina Yachts, had a fondness for spare parts and a keen eye for a good deal. Over decades, he built a remarkable cache of spares that grew in scope and quantity to fill a large warehouse and then some.

Early this year, Catalina Yachts decided they needed that warehouse for a new production line (a welcome omen for boat manufacturers!) and thanks to some hard work by our owner, Al Fooks, we were able to acquire all the parts in that warehouse... and then some. Hatches, ports, windows, rigging, canvas, doors and wood parts, stainless rails and pulpits, booms, blocks of all sizes and types, and far FAR FAR more, all brand new and made in the same era in which the boats were built.

We have begun the process of sorting, organizing, cataloging, and putting the parts online at really good prices. We're also working as hard and as fast as we can to match these parts with specific Catalina models, but that's going to take some time. We estimate the project will take 1-2 years to complete. However, our dedicated team is adding parts almost daily which are now available for purchase.

While many of these parts are specific to Catalina models, many are not. Lewmar and Bomar hatches, for example, and lots of Garhauer blocks.

We don't have many attributed to models yet but we have posted measurements to help you find correct sizes. If you need additional information to be sure, feel free to contact us or use the feedback link at the bottom of each product to tell us what we need to add. You can also sign up for our new Catalina Parts mailing list to stay on top of newly available items.

We anticipate rolling this project into a large selection of Catalina parts-by-model in future months, even as we sell out of the existing inventory. Please take a look, see what you think, and feel free to offer ideas and tips on how we can make it better.

Catalina Parts: Catalina Sailboat Parts

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I was informed of this massive trove of parts by Al Fooks and it is extensive. Phil is absolutely correct. Thanks Phil! Frank never got rid of parts.

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Fantastic Phil! I’ll be signing up for the email.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Terrific opportunity for Catalina owners.

Thanks Frank and Phil for your insightful acquisition.

Feb 18, 2022
Catalina 36 Port Orchard
Got a table for the Catalina 30… 1979 vintage? And or a compass for the Edison pedestal?

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Yay...... no more redirecting inquiries for Catalina parts to the Catalina factory or the other 3rd party vendor. Awesome score. Sign me up.

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Wow, what a score! I no longer have a Catalina, but I can dream, can't I? :)

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
This is amazing! What a great resource especially for Catalina owners.

Now, to get the detailed engineering drawings for all bits and parts for all (most?) boats and set yourselves up with additve manufacturing and you could take over the used boat parts supply....

dj

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Frigging awesome. While I am likely selling our Catalina, I know others that have them so I will spread the word in our club newsletter.

And who knows, another, larger one, may be in our distant future.

:beer: cheers SBO and thanks to Frank Butler.. for his vision on a lot of things.. I wish I had met him.:frown:

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Yes I miss Frank Butler and his death last year hit me Hard. We laughed and had heated discussions. He even drank some home made grog made by me. Some call it moonshine. The most remarkable thing I respected Frank was his dedication to customers as he tirelessly returned their phon calls

Jan 26, 2019
Catalina 30, mkI 2462 Waukegan, IL
Not too long ago, I bought some genoa track hardware from your new pile of Catalina goodies--thank you!

Any idea when more parts will be added to what is available online? I'm checking periodically and a bit eager. It was wild to see 1980's era hardware show up brand new and ready to be put into service!

Nov 23, 2022
jeanneau 389 Toronto
Catalina set the bar on service now you just raised the bar. Dang what a dedicated purchase. Great company.