Am I destined for a big Bootie?

Sep 17, 2022
Catalina 22 Oolagah
Hello All:

Waffle House came with oversized West Marine spreader boots. These were one of the items on my list to replace with properly sized C-22 Spreader Boots. The problem is that on the oversized boots, the shrouds slide smoothly without any friction. When I installed the first "proper" spreader boot, the shroud no longer slides freely. I have to work at pulling the shroud through the spreader boot and that is when only one side of the boot is whipped and taped. When I whip both sides, forget it, it's a fight to move the shroud back and forth. I will mention that just as the CD video shows, I did use a screwdriver to provide room for the shroud to pass freely. I suspect that these boots are sized for the original rigging and having a New Design, my rigging is sized larger. As always any advice or thoughts are appreciated.

George

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2022
Catalina 22 Oolagah
The shrouds don’t move much once the spreader boots are installed. I don’t think you need to be too worried. Once the mast in up they move even less.
Dano
Thank you for the reply Dano. I've got the boot covers on as loosely as I can and they sure look a lot better than the larger boots did!
George