almost new owner

Mar 24, 2014
Morgan & Lancer 33 & 25 VA, Chesapeake Bay & North GA
Should be getting a 25ft this week. Anyone know what breakdown is for the vin on these? It has vin LYP25118M79A.

It is a 1979 on the trailer and not been sailed in a year or so.

When I get it I will get the draft measurement.

I found some reviews and one on this site that was helpful.

It needs carpet so I was thinking of using synthetic florring that looks like holly teak and sole. Also, what would be a good replacement for the ceiling linner?

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Should be getting a 25ft this week. Anyone know what breakdown is for the vin on these? It has vin LYP25118M79A.

It is a 1979 on the trailer and not been sailed in a year or so.

When I get it I will get the draft measurement.

I found some reviews and one on this site that was helpful.

It needs carpet so I was thinking of using synthetic florring that looks like holly teak and sole. Also, what would be a good replacement for the ceiling linner?
I believe you are asking for the HIN breakdown. You can find it here. And congrats on the new-to-you Lancer 25. I think you will enjoy it.

LYP25 - Lancer Yacht Corp 25
118 - Hull #118
M79A - Jan 1979

So your boat was the 118th hull in 1979.

Mar 24, 2014
Thank you...wow 118th maybe that is enough time to get the bugs worked out :neutral:
If all goes well I should have it in my driveway Thursday night.

here is the link to the cabin flooring I was thinking about:

www.AmeriTeakMarine.com

$28 sqft and I think that includes the adhesives

Feb 17, 2006
That is some really nice decking. Looks like you might have your work cut out for you. Good luck with the project.

Mar 24, 2014
It is in the driveway!
I picked her up last night and boy what a trip. 200 miles ...yup, I was the crazy guy with no trailer lights (hazards running) on I85 last night.

Anyone in north Georgia want to help me get her in the water and step the mast up?? This boat has not been sailed in some time and it really needs to touch the water :)

Mar 24, 2014
Although for the Lancer 28, this manual shows how to raise the mast.

Finally got some help to raise the mast. The process seems a little tricky. Using the instructions we are trying to raise it from the bow pulpit. The boom is being used sort of like a gin pole with the main sheet attached and using the starboard winch. I was able to lift it up about a foot from the pulpit but it seemed to be too loose and moving side to side.

One more attempt tonight with an extra hand to get it raised but if anyone has suggestions?

Measured the mast at 28FT, has a split backstay, no furler, upper and lower shrouds and one set of spreaders.

Feb 17, 2006
Check with the Trailer Sailor group or do a search on raising the mast. I remember seeing a video just a few weeks ago about raising the mast. I think it was in the Ask All Sailors forum.

Nov 26, 2007
Lancer 25 SoCal
Good morning oceanwatersailor. I have a 79 L25 with 36" draft and I use the boom as a gin pole pulling the mast up from the bow using a preventer with a long line attached to the stern and the main halyard also attached to the boom. Because I don't have babystays installed the mast can and does move from side-to-side, but if you have a second person...they can stand off-set from the mast and assist in the mast raising process.

When raising solo...I have also used two additional preventers attached to the boom bail and toe rails, which helps center the boom vertically. You don't want to do this when the wind is blowing perpendicular to the boat as the mast will move sideways. Hope this helps and you can contact me directly if need further clarification. Steve

Attachments

Mar 24, 2014
Steve,

I have now stepped and lowered five times the 28ft mast!
Pretty much like what you are doing.
I use two cummalongs attached as guy lines to prevent the side to side movment.
I am using my main sheet for the pulling power and the starboard wench.
The main sheet started off on the traveler down below the companion way then we moved it to the tiller mount and it greatly improved the leverage.
I want to build a good started pole to prop the mast up and get past the first two or three feet where most of the stress is.
Also, I just purchased some Johnson quick release shroud levers hope they make this a little smoother process. Not sure but I think I am going to use them on the upper shrouds...