Alleged Changes to 310 :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Malcolm

Just a quick update. Our local dealer informed me that he had checked with Catalina about the apparent changes to the interior layout of the 310. The answer from Catalina (maybe Frank Butler) was that an old diagram had found its way onto the new web site. The interior layout has not changed from the original in any significant way. Catalina will be fixing the site soon. regards Malcolm

B

Bob

310 Changes

Our 310 will be shipping in 3 weeks. Our dealer said that it was announced at the boat show (Annapolis) that the new draft on the wing keel will be 4' 3" ( I think), this is due to feedback from customers. The old draft was 4' 10" but was misprinted on the brochure and web page as 4' 0". We'll see what it really is, ours should be the new draft. I've also seen conflicting figures on the engine. I've seen it listed at 25, 27 and 30 HP.

J

Jon W

Engine HP

Don't know about the draft, but I'm willing to bet that you get a 26 HP Universal M25XPB. This is what I got in my early March built boat. A December 99' 310 I saw, had the "A" version of this motor. The difference was 3 less HP and about 4 less cubic inches of displacement with the "A". The Yanmar 3GM30 at 27.2 HP is a remote possibility. It comes on the C320, but has about a two-inch wider mounting footprint and would need a redesigned engine bed. Note that the 27 HP of the 3GM30 is a peak rating at 600 rpm higher than the universal. Its 24 HP continuous rating is at 400 rpm higher than the Universal. It also has slightly less displacement as well. Lastly, never take advertising material at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.