Alden Challenger Kittiwake

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
David our host posted the link. Here it is but no other photos. They would surely send more information to anyone interested.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=435

Jul 7, 2016
Horizon Yacht and Marine Horizon 26 Norfolk
Well, I guess I am chiming in on Kittiwake! She is just a few miles away from me and I have also taken a look at her. I agree with you Tom Y. in that she should be rescued. She is indeed suffering great neglect. I am looking at the plausibility of being the rescuer and if so I am going to need the help of the member of this forum. I have built and restored houses and horse drawn vehicles so I have some wood working abilities but very little fiberglass experience. I am a quick learner though. With that said, I am retired military and kids are on their own. With the Mrs. retiring in a couple years, I'll have time to fix her up as a live aboard.
So where do I start? What to offer, Title search, Blueprints, Tear-down, etc?

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
jtp7571 said:
Well, I guess I am chiming in on Kittiwake! She is just a few miles away from me and I have also taken a look at her. I agree with you Tom Y. in that she should be rescued. She is indeed suffering great neglect. I am looking at the plausibility of being the rescuer and if so I am going to need the help of the member of this forum. I have built and restored houses and horse drawn vehicles so I have some wood working abilities but very little fiberglass experience. I am a quick learner though. With that said, I am retired military and kids are on their own. With the Mrs. retiring in a couple years, I'll have time to fix her up as a live aboard.
So where do I start? What to offer, Title search, Blueprints, Tear-down, etc?
I'm afraid that project may have been scrapped. It would be great if you could find out if it's still available, and what state it's in. It looked dire in the photos.