Albin Vega forum

Oct 19, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Limerick
Seems to be? Great if we (someone?) can port some/all of the Albin Vega database over here?

Oct 13, 2013
Catalina & Albin 22 & Vega 3360 Orange Lake, Florida
Everyone should spread the word so we can all be on the same page so to speak.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Yep it's working! Glad some people have started showing up! My wife and I own #3360, which we have (tentatively) decided to christen "Tea Cup" ...if I ever get done with the refit. It's been going on since 2016, might be done in another three years.

EDIT: @dixiemermaid is my Admiral, although she prefers SWMBO ...

cas206

May 15, 2012
Cal 27-3 Solomons
Someone mentioned a Facebook group. I don't do Facebook. Did they get any of the content, from Yahoo, copied over there? Just thinking out loud. If the messages from the Yahoo group gets pushed here, if that might drive traffic to here instead? I'm a former Albin owner and not up on the latest Albin social activity. I'd hate for Phil to do a lot of porting work if no one ever looks at it.

Sep 30, 2013
I'm not much of a facebookie either. But no, I don't think they did or can copy that Yahoo content.

I did post yesterday, giving a heads-up to those on the Facebook group who didn't know the Yahoo group was closing, with a link to this forum. I will continue to drop crumbs over there, leading here. How many will come is anyone's guess. But there is no other English-language Albin Vega discussion forum in the world, to my knowledge. I've seen one in Swedish.

Oct 28, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Seward, AK
I'm glad that this forum was set up! I didn't realize the yahoo group was closing and lord knows I need all the resources and information I can get.
Happy Sailing!

Sep 30, 2013
I'm glad that this forum was set up! I didn't realize the yahoo group was closing and lord knows I need all the resources and information I can get.
Happy Sailing!
You and me both. Help put the word out!

Side note ... I lived in Alaska as a kid. Took the wife up there a few years ago to see our old home place on the Kuskokwim ... and to go halibut fishing in Seward. The Admiral LOVED Seward! She wants to come back someday when we can stay longer. ;)

Oct 28, 2019
Albin Vega 27 Seward, AK
You and me both. Help put the word out!

Side note ... I lived in Alaska as a kid. Took the wife up there a few years ago to see our old home place on the Kuskokwim ... and to go halibut fishing in Seward. The Admiral LOVED Seward! She wants to come back someday when we can stay longer. ;)
I lived up in Fairbanks as a kid and decided to make the move back up last year. Sadly I missed out on fishing this year because of work, but I'm determined to catch some halibut next year. I bought my Vega #1707 over in Homer and sailed it around the kenai peninsula to Seward in May. Alaskan Scenery will never cease to amaze me.

Oct 18, 2019
Albin Vega Vega 27 Madisonville
Yes I'm glad to see this up, thanks all for getting this done. As we say in the navy, Bravo Zulu.......

Sep 30, 2013
Thanks for coming, Hal!

Crazy coincidence: I was just creeping your Facebook page a couple hours ago! LOL ... once upon a time, you responded to a question of mine on the Yahoo group, concerning your Bimini top. Told me to look at your FB page for some pics. I went back there again this morning for another look. ;)