Alberg Daystar 22'

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Has anyone here ever sailed one of these?

There is one for sale near me and I'd like to know more about them.

May 18, 2022
Precision Precision 18 Geneva
Has anyone here ever sailed one of these?

There is one for sale near me and I'd like to know more about them.
Looks similar to a Cape Dory 22 a design I am looking for in the near future.

The 48% B/D ratio will make her very seaworthy but I suspect light wind performance will be poor. Check it out and look through everything. Solid hull/deck/chain plates/newer sails/mast step? make a offer!

Jan 19, 2010
t I suspect light wind performance will be poor.
Yeah.... I'm actually looking for a solid hull design that I can then strip to a bare hull and do a rebuild ... a retirement hobby. I'm already imagining a carbon fiber mast, and extra foot on the main...fat-head main sail, a small bow sprit with a drifter on a roller furler electric O.B. wind generator and solar panels etc.
I'm thinking this might be a little smaller than I would like.

I'd also like to get a small pocket cruiser to sail until I retire so this might be that boat. I recently sold my Hunter 26 (still have a Hobie 16') and I am really missing nights out on the sailboat.

I want a shoal draft boat,... full keel or nearly full keel and room to live aboard for months at a time in some comfort.

I really like the Nor'sea 27 (hard to find). I also think the Coronado 25 would be a good candidate ( I used to own one of these). The compac is a nice boat but a little on the small side and not as sea kindly as the others I've pointed out. I think I would like to stay under 31'.

May 18, 2022
Precision Precision 18 Geneva
Good list of boats there.

Right now I have a Precision 18 and a fixer upper Montgomery 17 to satisfy my sailing bug.

I am on a savings plan track to purchase a Pacific Seacraft Dana 24 or Flicka 20, Albin Vega 27, Contessa 26 or Cape Dory 22-25 in two years which puts me 10 years from retirement. I’ll mod it over those 10 years while sailing the Great Lakes.

God willing I’ll do a 5 year adventure around the planet flying wife out to the cooler ports along the way. One day at a time for now!

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
rgranger, not one for sale.. but I ran across a Norsea 27 while kayaking yesterday on Ridgway reservoir Colorado.

monty1.JPG

Jan 19, 2010
Beautiful

they also made a 37
Those are even more rare