AIS500 software

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Hi!
In my boat a Raymarine AIS500 that was installed around 2011.
That kind of AIS have now interface beside connection threw specific software and RS232 cable.
I am looking for a link to download the appropriate software.
I'v tried the "PROAIS" from "Komar" company which is not suitable. when checking with "Komar" support they said that what i need is the Raymarine specific software for this AIS.
Anybody can help?
Thanks.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Software for branded products like Raymarine, B&G, Garmin etc. are typically proprietary. You will need to get support from Raymarine.

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
Software for branded products like Raymarine, B&G, Garmin etc. are typically proprietary. You will need to get support from Raymarine.
Already sent them a support request, no answer yet. (maybe playing hard to get)
Thanks.

Apr 8, 2011
Hunter 40 Deale, MD
A quick Google turned up a reference in the Raymarine forums to some shareware that works with that AIS. See the thread here:

AIS-500 Vessel Name Chg (raymarine.com)

You may find the software mentioned in that thread, and some other useful software: Software - Digital Yacht America which does include ProAIS, but also the updated version ProAIS2, which might work, and some other software you could try that appears to work via the RS-232 cable.

The latest Raymarine update for the AIS5000 is here: Software Update for Raymarine AIS5000 | Marine Electronics by Raymarine

Typically manufacturers provide the port for the AIS data to be offloaded, and users use 3rd party software to view the AIS data. Various chartplotter programs work this way - here's a free one that does just that: Free AIS Plotter - PC Plotter . iNavx also supports AIS overlay on a laptop. This software doesn't display AIS data on a chart, but does display the AIS position information on a laptop: ShipPlotter (coaa.co.uk)

I hope this helps.

Udi

Mar 23, 2021
Hunter 45 ds 2010 Jaffa
A quick Google turned up a reference in the Raymarine forums to some shareware that works with that AIS. See the thread here:

AIS-500 Vessel Name Chg (raymarine.com)

You may find the software mentioned in that thread, and some other useful software: Software - Digital Yacht America which does include ProAIS, but also the updated version ProAIS2, which might work, and some other software you could try that appears to work via the RS-232 cable.

The latest Raymarine update for the AIS5000 is here: Software Update for Raymarine AIS5000 | Marine Electronics by Raymarine

Typically manufacturers provide the port for the AIS data to be offloaded, and users use 3rd party software to view the AIS data. Various chartplotter programs work this way - here's a free one that does just that: Free AIS Plotter - PC Plotter . iNavx also supports AIS overlay on a laptop. This software doesn't display AIS data on a chart, but does display the AIS position information on a laptop: ShipPlotter (coaa.co.uk)

I hope this helps.
Great!
I hope that'll help.
I sure will let you know.
Thanks.