Air Conditioning - New Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rosemary

Thanks to the gentlemen who responded to my post yesterday regarding air conditioning on a Catalina 320. After snooping around marine stores today, we found another possible solution -- a product called the Aqua Cal Krusin Kool Portable Air Condition which supplies 7,000 BTUs at a cost of $1,000. It looks like a suitcase and is placed inside the cabin. Has anyone had any experience with one of these units? I'd appreciate any insight.

M

Mike Fyffe

Got one

We've been using ours living aboard a h40 for a month now and love it. Mike sends S/V Camelot out

D

Dan Ebert

Mike some details

Mike, Can you please give some details, like what do you do with the tubing lines? How do you close up the boat? Location of A.C. unit? Do you have shore power outlets on the boat? Any other information you might think of. Wife is bugging me about an A.C. Unit. Thinking about this type. Thanks

M

Mike Fyffe

Got A.C. II

The water lines go out the aft head port (taped up with clear plastic for now). I'm going to plumb it inside as soon as I get cought up from the move. Close up the boat? I live aboard, shore power is a must. The unit sits under the compainion way stars. If you need any other info you can find my web page and email on the owners directory for the h40. Mike sends S/V Camelot out

K

Karen D

Kruisin Kool on H260

Used my new Kruisin Kool last weekend and loved it. The unit fits under the salon table and can easily be strapped down so I don't have to take it off the boat when sailing. I put the hoses out the bow hatch and used a direct line from shore power. The unit cooled the boat to the point where I took a 30 minute nap at about 5:00 when the outside temp was 90+. I highly recommend it.

R

Rick Webb

Trying to decide

I was considering the two options for the portable AC or just using a window unit in the companionway. I like the Krusin Kool (SP) idea but was thinking that it would not be very usful when the boat is on the trailer at the house or maybe on the road to sail somwhere else. Anyone else have any idead on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.