Air conditioning condensation pump

Jul 14, 2020
Beneteau 331 Lake Conroe
Hi,

I have a bad pump on my Beneteau 331. I am pretty sure it was replaced with a different pump, It is a 37202-2012. I don’t think it needs to have this heavy duty/expensive pump I was just curious if somebody could send me a picture of the pump that was originally installed under the seat for the AC condensation drain pan. Or post a part number on it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I have a bad pump on my Beneteau 331. if somebody could send me a picture of the pump that was originally installed under the seat for the AC condensation drain pan.
The pump in the photo appears to be the shower sump pump, not an air conditioner condensate pump. Most have rigged a condensator Venturi apparatus or a small self contained combination sump & pump for AC condensate.
If the pump in the photo isn’t working, you will have to rebuild or replace it with a similar pump.

Jul 14, 2020
Beneteau 331 Lake Conroe
The pump in the photo appears to be the shower sump pump, not an air conditioner condensate pump. Most have rigged a condensator Venturi apparatus or a small self contained combination sump & pump for AC condensate.
If the pump in the photo isn’t working, you will have to rebuild or replace it with a similar pump.
It is the same type of pump that the shower drain as well as the bilge pump uses. My guess is that the previous owner had an extra (old) shower pump they put in because it seems like it’s way too big for this application?

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
That’s a pretty serious pump for AC condensate. Our 37 came with a small Pacific pump for condensate.

1634407675672.jpeg

It is a little finicky (we had to replace it once) and it’s capacity is pretty small, but it’s adequate.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Wow, I didn't realize that most (greater than 50%) of boaters with air conditioning had installed a venturi system. Seems like a high number to me
I'm in the minority.

Steve

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Wow, I didn't realize that most (greater than 50%) of boaters with air conditioning had installed a venturi system. Seems like a high number to me
I'm in the minority.
The statement says a Venturi system OR combination sump & pump.

Weasel

May 23, 2004
Beneteau 331 Iuka, MS
I have a device that is called a Condensator, and it consists of a venturi, filter and check valve on my cooling water discharge line. All pan condensate is discharged with the cooling water. Have had one on each of my boats for the past 20 years, thery reaslly work well. . go to www.mmair.com. That will show you all the parts. Cost about $100.00, or as my wife says, one "boat buck". Only thing you haver to do is keep the filter clean, check it about once every couple of weeks. You will know it is working as it gurgles when the pump is on.
Hope this helps.

Weasel
Beneteau 331
First Light

Jul 14, 2020
Beneteau 331 Lake Conroe
I have a device that is called a Condensator, and it consists of a venturi, filter and check valve on my cooling water discharge line. All pan condensate is discharged with the cooling water. Have had one on each of my boats for the past 20 years, thery reaslly work well. . go to www.mmair.com. That will show you all the parts. Cost about $100.00, or as my wife says, one "boat buck". Only thing you haver to do is keep the filter clean, check it about once every couple of weeks. You will know it is working as it gurgles when the pump is on.
Hope this helps.

Weasel
Beneteau 331
First Light
Thanks!
it is A BIT more than $100… I don’t get how this plumbing kit is $250? Surely this is not more than $25 in individual parts?

Attachments

Sep 25, 2008
Alden 50 Sarasota, Florida
Thanks!
it is A BIT more than $100… I don’t get how this plumbing kit is $250? Surely this is not more than $25 in individual parts?
Scams are a profitable business these days.
The Venturi can be bought virtually anywhere and even comes ‘free’ if you buy a water bed. Add about 10 feet of plumbing and some hose clamps and voila!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
One word of caution with Venturi’s, particularly DIY ones - It’s not a closed system, so if they fail they’ll let water from the seacock or pump into the boat.

Jul 12, 2011
Leopard 40 Jupiter, Florida
Cost about $100.00, or as my wife says, one "boat buck".
A "boat buck" is internationally defined as $1,000 - welcome to the marine aisle. I'd probably not notice $100 in my boating budget, but that's why my boat looks so damn good!

• Ha
Jul 14, 2020
Beneteau 331 Lake Conroe
One word of caution with Venturi’s, particularly DIY ones - It’s not a closed system, so if they fail they’ll let water from the seacock or pump into the boat.
Yes, good point. That is a LOT of water being pumped into the boat if a plastic Venturi pump breaks, my 120v AC recirculating pump has abut 3 times the flow rate of my 12v bilge pump so this would definitely sink the boat. I like the fact it is a metal Venturi, but $250…

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
It looks to me no more than a low pressure chemical injector about 30 dollars on ebay and as far as plastic the mermaid has plastic barbs on the pump hose which are cheap and break easy. I have had the plastic one for 6 years no issues and salt does not like brass

1634688966758.png

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
The previous owner of my boat had a marine AC contractor install a condensator on my boat when the AC system was installed. At 14 years, still works great with minimal maintenance. Bone dry bilge. On my previous boat, I installed a self contained sump & small pump. Also worked effectively with periodic pump replacement.