After the storm blows thru

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
I had a taste of winter sailing a few years ago and loved it. Unfortunately, our marina requires haul out and there is maintenance to be done. I dream of the day our boat is moored/slipped in waters that can be sailed year round.
I understand my boat is under 15" of snow today as I sit comfy in our condo watching the snow plows at work and dreaming of spring.

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
It's 36 degrees here in Southern Florida this morning. A cold front is a cold front everywhere on the East Coast. But I was sailing last week so we're not in New England anymore. I used to love winter sails on LI waters, Everything looked so different than in Summer.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
On the sister board "Trailersailors.com", one year a hardy sailor chipped the ice of his jib sheets to go sailing. It was NOT me. If I have to put on socks, I'm not going sailing.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Just a guess here, but if @WayneH has to put on socks, he will likely not have that crew member, in his Avatar image, standing by the bow pulpit.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
While you East Coast guys are chilling, our weather station is reporting "It is Raining Cats and Dogs".

Granted the weather station has been in operation for a few years.

Indication is we are getting 0.69inches per hour. That will sure help to raise the creek levels.