Aft cabin on a '87 Legend 37

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Looking at the subject boat. Haven't seen the boat yet. How useful is the centerline berth in the aft cabin? Can two people actually sleep in it? How about head room? We're used to a CC with standing headroom in the aft cabin.
Thanks,
Bob

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
Well, it's not perfect. But it's not horrible either. Yes 2 people can sleep comfortably. In many respects it's better than the v berth. Keeps width all the way. I believe it's designed to have your head aft, though I can't do that. Because the overhead room back there is maybe a foot over your head. But I sleep with my head forward as there is more room in the center, and quite a bit off to the sides. Either person can swing their legs out somewhat and get in and out so again somewhat better than a v. There is a small space just forward of the berth in the center that I can almost stand up straight(I'm 6' 0").

Apr 10, 2017
Seidelman 37 Kemah, TX
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. The low headroom at the aft end might be a problem for my wife. But we wre too old to do the gyrations necessary to get into the v-berth. Like the idea of either person being able to get out of bed without having to crawl across the other person.