Aft Bedding for a Beneteau 321

Aug 24, 2020
Beneteau Oceanis 321 321 Little River, SC
I have a 1995 Beneteau Oceanis 321 with a fairly big aft berth. All the pre-made aft berth bedding I can find online measures 90” H, 60” L, 75” F. Now that size would work great except that my berth is 65” L not 60” L. So I’m trying to figure out if the standard aft berth bedding would still fit my Oceanis 321 even though it would technically be 5” short in length. Does anyone know?

Otherwise I have no idea how to make it work with standard sized bedding (California King comes closest) as I would end up with just too much extra on some sides and not enough on the other sides. Custom bedding is just too expensive and is not an option for me at this point.

So the question is should I just go ahead and get the standard aft bedding and be 5” short or get a California King size and try to make it work somehow? Or perhaps someone has figured out a better way? I’m open to any ideas anyone has. Thanks!

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
We used a California King (fitted bottom, flat top) on our Hunter 386 aft berth mattress for the length, and tucked the excess under the mattress.
1603289022767.png

Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for that info. At least I know that the California King will work. There is a bed size called Olympic queen that is 80” x 66” which might also work but finding bedding for that size is harder than for a California King.

Feb 21, 2010
Beneteau 31 016 St-Lawrence river
I have a 31, I use regular queen-size and stretch a little. Do not forget that the mattress is not as thick as a home mattress and helps the stretching.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I think in general having the sheets oversized isn’t a bad thing. The excess can be tucked under. Caboteur is right that the mattress is thin enough that stretching undersized sheets is possible, but the berths are often in hard to reach places with no headroom. That makes stretching the sheets without accidentally kneeling on them annoying, and it makes it especially frustrating if a sheet comes off the corner and you need to crawl around to fix it.

Feb 21, 2013
surfstud31.................forgot to mention, that if the sheets are too short your feet will get cold.............my wife and I hate that!!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
We used a California King (fitted bottom, flat top) on our Hunter 386 aft berth mattress for the length, and tucked the excess under the mattress.
View attachment 186363
Make a bed bag- like a pillow case. Slide the matress in and you have all sides covered and no coming untucked. Half way through the season, turn the bag over.

Aug 24, 2020
I have to agree with those who say oversized is better than undersized. It looks like the California King size will work for my situation. One bonus of using a standard size is that I can get a standard sized mattress topper which will help make it more comfortable. So I’m going to go with the California King size mattress topper and bedding and see how it goes. Will let you all know after it’s in. I’m fairly certain it will work out nicely.

Feb 21, 2013
...........So I’m going to go with the California King size mattress topper and bedding..............
Good choice....that is what we had on our Hunter 386 aft cabin mattress, which was also an odd size like yurs.