Aft A/C Unit Issues

Dec 1, 2019
Hunter 460 San Diego
Hi all, new to the forum and hoping for some guidance on this. The aft A/C unit, even with the aft switch on switch board turn on, will not turn on or work. Any thoughts? I have tried to only have the aft on with not the main working but still no luck. The thermostat light does not light, no air flow etc.

Thoughts or has anyone else had this issue?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
If it were my unit I would start with my voltmeter at the main panel to check that voltage is reaching the unit. If that checks out okay, then it would be time to contact a reputable service technician.

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
Not sure the manufacturer of your A/C unit, but there can be a number of issues to consider. Blown fuse, blown breaker, bad condenser, etc. If the water pump is shot, then the unit might have a feature to not start if water is not pumping. Have to start trouble shooting with the simple stuff first.

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
If you feel comfortable working with electricity I would take the cover off and see if power is present. Sometimes there's an internal fuse inside devices like this. If you have power present I would bypass the thermostat to rule that out. Can you take a pic of the unit including model number?

RitSim

Jan 29, 2018
Beneteau 411 Branford
You can also consider swapping the A/C control panel from the other unit to see if that cures the issue- that worked for me.