Advise on few pieces of goodies

Sep 5, 2016
Hi. I need a marine head. I am used to ports poties with holding tanks. I see almost every vega has the jabsco type with pump. Is that something desirable? Just want to make the right decisionMy vega has no batteries. Can someone give a heads up how it will work. I was told I need 2 battery and one should be deep cycle n the other one normal. Is that true? What would be the right six /amp etc. If there id a link, I can check it out as well. STOVE Missing the stove. I had origo3000 on my cat22 I have never used. Looked very sexy but I didn't,think it was able to put much output. Many camping outings I have been using butane n I was wondering if u think its the future.Thanks

May 30, 2006
I redid my wiring so that the circuit to both batteries is identical.

I looked at the old wiring diagram for my boat and it looked weird.
I did not see the value in going through such wiring calisthenics.
Maybe it is because the batteries in the 60s and 70s were not
as robust? idk

There is neither a house or a start battery. They are both now
each house/start batteries. Both of the batteries I purchased
are deep cycle units and work fine to start my Beta 13.5 diesel.

The 1-2-all-off switch separates the circuits just fine anyway.

groundhog

Sep 13, 2002
 Marine head: depends on your local laws; Jabsco type is very convenient if you don’t have legislation that prohibits it, but I suspect it might be a problem in your neck of the woods.  Batteries: two are desirable, one for starting the engine, the other for lights, heater, computer etc.. 3-way switch to separate/combine them so that you can still start the engine if you flatten one of the batteries. Most leisure batteries will double up as starting and deep cycle.  Stove: stick with the Origo. Yes, gas boils water a bit quicker, but introduces its own problems (such as need for external compartment and fancy pipework to avoid risk of explosion). I’ve had an Origo on my Vega for about thirty years now, and been able to cook all sorts of stuff.  AlisdairV752    From: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com [mailto:AlbinVega@yahoogroups.com] Sent: 06 September 2016 06:44To: AlbinVega@yahoogroups.comSubject: [AlbinVega] Advise on few pieces of goodies  Hi. I need a marine head. I am used to ports poties with holding tanks. I see almost every vega has the jabsco type with pump. Is that something desirable? Just want to make the right decisionMy vega has no batteries. Can someone give a heads up how it will work. I was told I need 2 battery and one should be deep cycle n the other one normal. Is that true? What would be the right six /amp etc. If there id a link, I can check it out as well. STOVE Missing the stove. I had origo3000 on my cat22 I have never used. Looked very sexy but I didn\'t,think it was able to put much output. Many camping outings I have been using butane n I was wondering if u think its the future.Thanks  

Sep 5, 2016
Today I bought a jabsco. Pretty simple unit' I guess their entry Level stuff not the high end one it Looks good. I m gonna do some more research on the stove issue and be on the look out for decent deals. Thanks