Advice

Oct 9, 2008
Hunter 37C Camden
I have a 1980 37C with a QM30. It was my dream boat when I purchased it and I had every intention of sailing across oceans like many I am sure. I did many upgrades like newfound ports, Monitor self steering, diesel stove and heater, cabin sole. I went to the Bahamas in 2012 to do a shake down and then life got in the way. My question is with the current market, am I better off parting it out rather than selling it for nothing? Seems like the boat market market is pretty soft. The boat has been neglected since 2013 and I honestly do not have the time or money to continue.

Dec 9, 2017
Hunter 37c Barrington, RI
If it's in decent shape, it sure would be a shame to just see it parted out and discarded.

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Sounds like a personal financial question. Might try a boat salvage company near you OR try to sell it on any number of websites.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
After you strip it down and sell off the parts, you will now have a worthless hull to get rid of. That's going to be one hell of a job to cut it up and put in a landfill. If you really need to get rid of her, cut your losses and sell her for what you can get. You get some $$, someone gets a boat at a bargain price, and the boat gets a new lease on life. Win, win all around.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Might want to PM the OP of this thread and see what his experience (price, availability, condition) was in his search:

It would give you an idea of what the boat might be worth.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
You have a classic Cherubini designed Hunter. It would be a crying shame to just part it out and parting out a boat takes more work and time than you may realize. Find a buyer who can restore it. These are sought after boats.

Feb 4, 2015
1981 Hunter 33 Green cove Springs marina, fl
Try and sell it to see what you can get. Parting it out is very time consuming dealing with photo's, postings, meeting people, pckagin stuff and shipping.... Then like the other poster said, you'll have a hull no one wants because the good stuff has been picked off. Just seel if for what you can get.

Jun 27, 2020
Hunter 37C Near Chicago
OK, I'll fess up. I am paying $18K for a 1984. Good hull, deck and decent interior with freshly redone cushions all around. Freshwater boat, needs a bottom job but no blisters. The non-structural bulkhead at the forward side of the shower is rotted. The countertop and area of the icebox that extends into the cockpit is rotted. The wiring is pretty much a mess. Good 4 cyl. Yanmar and gearbox, but all the hoses need replaced. Decent suit of sails. Running rigging all shot. Standing rigging OK but original. Includes a custom cradle. Original gelcoat, never been painted can probably be saved but the non-skid will require redo. No electronics except a VHF that might work. And I think I'm getting a pretty good deal.......it will be expensive to move her to my home, but I plan on an extensive refit over the next few years, then cruising!

May 31, 2007
Hunter 37 cutter Blind River
It seems in Canada that boat prices have recently risen dramatically. Since international and a certain amount of domestic travel are out of the question these days, folks seem to be buying up toys - trailers, four wheelers, boats, campers etc. Your Cherubini is an awesome machine with a lot of really good gear.