Adhesive Non-Skid

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
Hey Everyone,
Good afternoon! I wanted to ask if anyone knows where I can get my hands on some adhesive non-skid, and whether or not it's a good idea to put it on the AMF Sunbird I'm restoring for my Quartermaster project. The pads I had in mind are these:

I was thinking about cutting them into strips and sticking them onto the cockpit seats where the crew sits to cover up the filled spider cracks, offer more comfort and make the boat look a little nicer.
Let me know what you think!

God Bless,
S.S.​

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Simon, Home Depot sells three inch wide self-adhesive 3M non-skid material. I've used it before and has worked well for my boarding step application.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
I see no reason not to give it a try it can be removed if you don't like it. I have to say it may not be comfortable on cockpit seats unless you sit on cushions.

Ken

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
The diamond pattern may be a little harsh on bikini bottoms but the same stuff also is available in a straight line pattern which may be better ( on bikinis). I use it on my standup jetski and on the non skid areas on top of my hobie 16. Its softer than the fiberglass and non slip. The next sheet I order is going on the trampoline rails on the hobie, the black metal gets hot quick. Send pics and let us know how it works for you.

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
I forgot to mention that you should look up blacktip jetsports traction mat. They have lots of colors and patterns(diamond,straight lines) to blend or complement any color combo. It lasts for years out in the weather and is similar in pricing to what gunni mentioned. Hope that helps!

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Look at Sea Deck. It's the stuff used on swim platforms on wakeboard boats. They're are other brands also. More of a high density foam that would be more con comfortable.