adding a small fridg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 26, 2006
Hunter 31 1987 Fly Creek Marina Fairhope,AL.
Has anyone added a small dorm fridg to their H-31 ? and if so where did you mount it ?

was thinking of under the chart table or removing the oven which has never been used, not even once.

Thanks

Chuck Creel
S/V Jacob's Dream
Hunter 31 1987

May 24, 2004
CC 30 South Florida
Dorm refrigerators are a somewhat deeper than marine stoves. Measure first to see how far it will protrude from the front. Take your measurement at the base. One problem we encounterd with a dorm refrigerator on an h34 was that in steep seas the door would swing open spilling out the contents. Suggesdt you rig a belt or some sort of lock.

Oct 14, 2005
1983 Hunter H34 North East, MD
Chuck...

I pulled out the Origo stove/oven on my H34 and replaced the oven portion with a 2.3 cu. ft. dorm fridge and built a carrier for the stove portion so it would sit above the fridge about where it was. Here's a pic (the fridge in the pic was replaced by the 2.3 one)...

Attachments

Manny

Oct 5, 2006
Hunter 82? 37 Cutter Wherever the wind takes me
I don't have a 31' but...

I have a dorm fridge on my 27. Dunno if the picture helps but mine is under the chart table. It fits perfectly in there (but some wood was removed). I use child proof latches to keep it closed and as extra security to keep the fridge from moving (it's the white straps in the picture). They are available at Home Depot.
I also got one of these for the fridge: http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1|406|320538&id=1241722
It helps keeps items in place.

M

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.