Adding a CD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Lindsay

Thanks everyone for giving me information on how to install a CD player into a 29.5. I installed the player into the hanging closet just above the bar (NOTE: you can still hang clothes in it!). The antenna is literally just 'hanging' in the closet and we get excellent reception. The power was run from the radio up the cabin trunk archway (a 'fishing wire' is essential) to the power distribution panel. I used the 'LP Gas' breaker since I don't have that option anyways. I used a satellite speaker system; on the starboard side both speakers are mounted on the hanging closet facing forward. The port side installation was a little tricker; the bass speaker was mounted right in front of the sink (facing forward) (watch your water lines!!) with the speaker cables running along the floor. The tweeter was put into the fiberglass cupboard and the wires were run over the cabin trunk archway (past power distribution) to the radio. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that I didn't run an additional power line to the 'non-ignition' line on the radio. That way, the clock would run correctly even when you turn the 'lp gas' switch off... One note: when buying a stereo, you don't have to buy a marine one but DO make sure that you can see the display clearly from a position BENEATH the radio. My player seems to be geared towards a driver that is looking DOWN at it, thus it isn't as clear.

G

Gary

Glad to help

Glad to help, except for the speaker positions, sounds just like mine. For your next project check out the PHOTO FORUM and take a look at the bimini or winter cover photos I have there of our 29.5

Status
Not open for further replies.