Active Islander Forum/Group

Jul 22, 2013
Islander 28 South Shore Yacht Club
Greetings and Happy New Year

I'm wondering if there's an "active" Islander Group or Forum that everyone spend most of their time at? Neither of the Yahoo Groups seem to get a lot of traffic or input and this one isn't terribly active either. Is there a "primary" one people use, or is the population of Islander owners small and so it just seems that there's not a lot of activity.

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Jan 14, 2014
Newport Newport 28 Fair Haven, NY
Not entirely sure myself, though I just found this forum (usually on Sailnet and CF), and I will say that the information on the Islanders is scarce compared to many other makes. I have seen more info on the 36 out there, though. I have yet to find a good "owners" forum for Islanders though, aside from the subforums on these sites, and I definitely try to soak up as much as I can from fellow owners on the forums!

Feb 2, 2014
Islander 36 Honolulu
Check out the Islander 36 Association. You can Google them for their web site.

Aug 8, 2013
Islander 30 Lake Lanier, GA
I run into the same thing with my Islander 30. It seems there are a decent number of us, just not concentrated enough to provide a good source of information. We're not all in one place, as it were.

May 1, 2015
Islander 21 Victoria, BC
IslanderSailboats (.com .ca)

Yeah, it's pretty quiet out there in cruisersforum, sailnet, and yahoo. I don't use Facebook so maybe the party is in there...? Islander 36 site is nice, but seems like a specific crowd.

There used to be islandersailboats.com and islandersailboats.ca it seems but it looks like the web admins let them expire.

I suggested in cruisersforum that I could start a site up again, to give a central hub and try to ensure some of the knowledge on those 2 old sites keeps going.

I run into the same thing with my Islander 30. It seems there are a decent number of us, just not concentrated enough to provide a good source of information. We're not all in one place, as it were.

Jul 26, 2013
Islander 32 MK11 31 Digby
Hi: I have recently purchased 1978 Islander 32 MK11. I am looking for a schematic of the rudder shaft and information on the upper bearing and retaining collar for replacement parts.
Thanks Ron

May 1, 2015
Islander 21 Victoria, BC
Nice to see some activity Ron, I don't have a schematic sorry. If you're having fun with the Islander, feel free to check out the new http://IslanderSailboat.Info, there's a link from there to Pinterest where I started saving a few schematic images and links for outboards, but as I said nothing for the rudder shaft unfortunately.

Jan 14, 2014
Newport Newport 28 Fair Haven, NY
Good to see, Bruce! Always love having information handy, and places to find it for these are definitely getting harder to find, hopefully this helps keep it going!

Jul 26, 2013
Islander 32 MK11 31 Digby
Nice to see some activity Ron, I don't have a schematic sorry. If you're having fun with the Islander, feel free to check out the new http://IslanderSailboat.Info, there's a link from there to Pinterest where I started saving a few schematic images and links for outboards, but as I said nothing for the rudder shaft unfortunately.
Bruce
Thank you for getting back to me much appreciated, also thanks for the site to get some information. Ron