Acid Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GC

Does any body have a recommendation on what to use on black acid rain stains? When I went to put in my boat after the winter I notice round black spots all over the deck. I believe them to be acid rain spots. I tried mild cleaners and nothing budged them. I noticed however where the ladder rubber stops contacted the transom the spots were gone. Any suggestions on how to get rid of the black spots?

A

Andrew D.

SoftScrub with bleach

No guarantees on any product, but try a little SoftScrub with bleach (which is also the best thing I've found for lifelines,) or maybe a paste made from OxyClean. I've tried all kinds of things with nothing being 100% effective, but I've had the best results with these two products.

C

Chris Hyland

Spots

GC, Are you under the flightpath of an airport? I am, as well as a train going buy the marina. We get this kind of crap all the time. Acetone will take it off, but clean afterwards and get some wax on, because acetone takes all the wax off. The best way to deal with this is to make sure you have a good amount of wax on the vessel at all times. That way the stain is in the wax and not the gelcoat. Regards, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.