Accessory cable west marine 480

Apr 9, 2019
catalina 27 TR southport nc
Does anybody happen to have surplus to requirements the accessory cable for a West Marine fixed mount VHF 480 radio please?
I have one of these radios in the cabin, and an external speaker in the cockpit. The radio has a pig-tail accessory connector with a neat protective cover. But no actual cable. West Marine does not supply spare parts for no longer current items (nasty surprise). The cable is supplied in the current replacement radio for the 480, but to obtain it would have to buy the whole radio kit.
If anybody has one, it would save from having to commit surgery to the pigtail making it useless for anything else.
Thanks, Howard (newbie sailor)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Such a sound and easy solution from @LeslieTroyer the Technical Advisor for the Catalina 36 Mainsheet magazine. And the words are fun to read.... "Butt Splice" just wants to make me laugh.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
By the way.. Howard, @bay dancer , welcome to the forum. It is a pain to have your electronics be come outdated. Fortunately the ways to fix said electronics, especially wire connections, is not dependent on the manufacture. As Les has explained you can just fix them as you can any electrical connection. And the sales store be damned.

Jul 23, 2009
Beneteau 31 Oceanis Grand Lake, Oklahoma
You could go to an electronics store and purchase the connector. Maybe even online.

Apr 9, 2019
catalina 27 TR southport nc
Easy for you to say ... but for the digitally challenged (aka me) how to describe the connector, spec or part number, or ??
Many thanks for the suggestion and your kind welcome JS.
Howard