Access to Beneteau's parts page

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
Greetings,
I know that Beneteau changed policy that we need to go through our local Beneteau dealer to order parts but we could still have access to the parts web page.
I put in the request to have Ward set me up with a link but was just told this morning by my dealer that they changed policy and only dealers can have access.

I am really disappointed in this if this is accurate. I am so okay with the dealer having to take the order and billing but to have them do all the legwork to find the part number I need and pricing etc is plain silly. I enjoyed having the access to not only my B331 one but also all the other models.

Wonder if others had this same issue or perhaps my sales office has it wrong?

I'm in Chicago
thanks

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Well, I thought all of the confusion with the spare parts site was settled a few months ago, after selecting a preferred dealer, receiving a new ID number and setting up a new password on the Beneteau site. I successfully logged on a couple of times to ensure that I could access the site; however, I tried a few minutes ago without success. Looks like we are back to square one. My dealer told me that allowing boat owner's access to the site, saved dealers lots of time in researching parts, when an owner who did their own research could obtain a part number from the site and then order through the dealer. Beneteau is getting ridiculous; guess it's just a matter of time before they stop supplying parts.

Jun 10, 2019
Beneteau First 36.7 Marina Village, Alameda
My local area dealer told be the same thing. It appears the when you are setup on the site as a "subaccount" the dealer can't control the markup. IMO, any dealer that refuses to create an account for you it doing so to enable them to charge more for parts without adding any value. Find a different dealer to give to part's business to even if you have to go out-of-market. That is what I did. The parts are dropped shipped anyway.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
The access I got from my dealer about a month ago is still working, knock on wood. Very strange that they would change the policy again so soon. Maybe try reaching out to a different dealer?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
What a screwy "system." Sure helps promote the boats. Forgive me, please, I simply own a boat for which I have NO issues finding parts or manuals. How unique...

Could someone please explain a reasonable reason for this nonsense?

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
My new account was working yesterday. My dealer told me that this is a temporary set-up as they are working on a new parts site. The old system made it difficult to compute the correct local tax. So by “going through a dealer” they put that burden on them for now.
Greg

Nov 2, 2008
Beneteau 331 Chicago (DuSable)
My new account was working yesterday. My dealer told me that this is a temporary set-up as they are working on a new parts site. The old system made it difficult to compute the correct local tax. So by “going through a dealer” they put that burden on them for now.
Greg
I sure hope so. I do think/hope Beneteau will end up doing right.