AC seawater thru hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Hudson

I am in the process of purchasing an AC unit for my C-30. Any suggestions on unit location, I have seen them in the port lazarette and under the V berth. Additionally, how have y'all plumbed the sea water intake. I would prefer not to place another thru hull, if I can "T-off" on one of my existing (i.e. will the diesel seawater thru hull support both the engine and the AC running at the same time)

D

DRD

Intake thru hull

I installed A mermaid 1200 btu on my 88 C30. I would not recomend a T off the engine. You will always be primming one or the other. I used my macerator thru hull and removed the macerator.I Can not dump waste in the waters I sail in.

R

Rhet Tignor

Yes, the macerator thru- hull works.

I also used the macerator thru-hull fitting and it works quite fine. I put a 16,000 heat/cool meramaid in last winter. I installed it against the salon bulkhead and made a U configuration out of the dinette seats. It works very well, but is noisier than I thought it would be.

D

David

Did the same

Used the macerator pump thru-hull. Still have the macerator connected, it's just padlocked shut with a Y valve. My slip neighbor has his installed under the v-berth and complains about the noise. He wishes his was in the lazarette like mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.