About to undercoat my M25

Apr 18, 2014
MacGregor 25S Dewey Beach
Hello everyone and greetings from the FL Panhandle. I am about to put an ablative antifoul paint on my Mac 25 and have jerry-rigged the trailer to act as an impromptu stand while I work on the bottom. The "stand" consists of 6 sets of two 6x6 blocks all glued together and to the bunks. My question is: will this setup put too much pressure on the boats hull? I don't plan on working on or inside the boat while on the blocks and I would try to remove anything heavy from the interior before hand. Any other thoughts would also be appreciated.

thanks

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The pressure contact areas might be too small, I don't know. larger boats use similar size jackstands. I would at least put some thick carpeting over the wooden blocks.
We were down in Destin for two weeks this year. Love the panhandle!

Apr 18, 2014
MacGregor 25S Dewey Beach
I was thinking about padding it, I will use my old carpeting that was on those bunks. Hit me up next time you plan to go to Destin, I live right across the bay from there!

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
what I did was use sheets of styrofoam from HomeDepot's insulation section. it compressed as needed. carpet is not too giving. carpet pad would be better.

larger areas wouldn't hurt. I used 2x6" in a V pattern (w/ stryofoam on top)

1+ on barrier coat 1st.

That is what keeps the water from penetrating the fiberglass. paint just keeps the growth down.