A Walk Ashore in South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
Nice walk. Great pictures. Here's to another beautiful day!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Roger,

Welcome to South Carolina! I'm glad you like our state and hope you will stay awhile and come again soon. Great pictures.

Kermit

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Doesn't have those big rocky things that yall have over there in Casco Bay, but it is definitely pretty in its way too.. Great pix, Roger.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Roger keep an eye out for critters with teeth and fangs. I didn't see any in your pics but that doesn't mean they ain't there watching.
All U Get

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Roger keep an eye out for critters with teeth and fangs. I didn't see any in your pics but that doesn't mean they ain't there watching.
All U Get
They don't call it the "Never Seen An Alligator Here River"!

Where does the water turn blue?

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
A few tips

Get ready to see some marshes. The marshes along the ICW are pretty and can go out to the horizon in spots. Outstanding bird watching territory.

Don't get mistaken for a duck. This is duck hunting season and those marshes are where the ducks are.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Before ya get to where the mosquitos are bad, pick up one of these repellers:
http://www.thermacell.com/mosquito-repellent
They really work well ..They are available at the big stores.. WalMart or Target,I think Home Depot even carries them now.. Only thing I have found that keeps the bugs at bay in the marshes and swamps around here..

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
All U Get

Having lived in SC a couple of times that thought went thru my mind a couple of times looking at the pictures. LOL

Enjoying your postings Roger! Keep them coming & be sure to have some "sweet" ice tea along your travels, a sure sign you've arrived down south.

Bob

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
... be sure to have some "sweet" ice tea along your travels, a sure sign you've arrived down south.
Bob
And grits. Shrimp and grits is the best. Gotta try 'em to love 'em.

Kerm

Bob J.

Apr 14, 2009
Sabre 28 NH
Guess I've been living up north too long, hadn't thought about grits in years. Guess I'm heading to the supermarket today, thanks Kermit!

Apr 22, 2001
Hunter 420 Norfolk, VA
Guess I've been living up north too long, hadn't thought about grits in years. Guess I'm heading to the supermarket today, thanks Kermit!

Bob,

Since we're talkin' South Carolina, ... While you're in the store up there,
y'all tell'um ya want a Moonpie and an RC to go with the grits....
If they just (by chance) don't happen to have those additional, fine, Southern, delicacies, Rodger can probably pick them up for you at his next grocery stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.