A never ending problem

Jun 12, 2021
Hunter 240 Aqualand Marina, Lake Lanier
Does anyone else have problems with attractive young women continually coming to his dock and begging for sailboat rides?8183016093599997153.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
i miss jackdaw!!
he had the best looking crew and guests (ladies)
maybe he will return one day!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
A skipper with an easy on the eyes crew posted as ”Boat Babe” a few years back.

I’m not sure I understand your question @patbratton.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Back in the '70s this was indeed a problem, especially when a gal strips down and swims across to your boat from the other dock, and your wife is sitting in the cockpit! I mean, helping her onto your boat was only the courteous thing to do, right? True story.
I have often wondered what happened to that half dozen young people who used to drop by the boat daily looking to go sailing back then. Even the crews on the charter boats seem to be much older and less "party" oriented.

Nov 13, 2013
Catalina 34 Tacoma
I have often wondered what happened to that half dozen young people who used to drop by the boat daily looking to go sailing back then. Even the crews on the charter boats seem to be much older and less "party" oriented.
Some of us may remember JFK's "Presidents Physical Fitness Challenge" in schools. We were taught physical fitness was important for all Americans. Sailing was just an extension of that attitude. When was the last time you saw a president that emphasised physical activity as opposed to internet access and healthy body weight?

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Some of us may remember JFK's "Presidents Physical Fitness Challenge" in schools. We were taught physical fitness was important for all Americans. Sailing was just an extension of that attitude. When was the last time you saw a president that emphasised physical activity as opposed to internet access and healthy body weight?
@Head Sail you are definitely dating yourself... Of course, as I both remember and participated (got a certificate somewhere) - is this like the kettle calling the pot black???

I have no idea if that spurred young women to swim over to boats and ask to go sailing. But I like the extension... Let's teach more physical fitness!

dj

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I had a boat neighbor (no names to protect the innocent)... one day a nice looking, younger woman sunbathing on his boat. My neighbor introduced her as his niece…. Sure she is I thought (wink, wink).

A few weeks later, she was back, and my neighbor said, “ you remember my wife Denise”. (Oh, that’s what you said).

I told him the story a year or so later…he laughed and couldn’t wait to tell ”Da niece”. I guess she took it as a compliment ;-)

Greg