A good first sailboat?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Take a photo of the rig from the side. Dealer who sold boat had a son doing the tuning which was incorrect. Most were corrected after he closed and it was either a friend or myself who straightened that out.
If Tim McRorie with All Seasons worked on that sailboat, he is a top notch and reputable repairman

If the centerboard line appears to be old or original on the 23.5, have the owner pay for that by Tim. He has changed out many and some for me as my dealer ship use to be east of Raleigh as I asked Tim to take care of my work on Norman.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I responded 20-30 hulls to JRT as he mentioned the Catalina 315.

See my post regarding the 23.5 on Lake Norman and Tim. I was the one who was instrumental getting Hunter to build the water ballast series starting with the 23.5 amongst other contributions to the industry.

Jan 26, 2021
Hunter 23 New Bern
The Hull ID for the one in Charolette NC is:
HUNA2296D393
The one at Kerr lake is:
HUNA2052J293

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The one for sale on Kerr Lake is $8,900. First sold at $9,990 back in August 15, 1991 for boat, trailer, motor, sails and safety package. The buyer felt it was over priced. The other one down in SC is a no go either for reasons I will not divilge.

If anyone does know of a 23.5 in good condition reasonably priced, please advise me or @knightinnc

Jan 26, 2021
Hunter 23 New Bern
The one for sale on Kerr Lake is $8,900. First sold at $9,990 back in August 15, 1991 for boat, trailer, motor, sails and safety package. The buyer felt it was over priced. The other one down in SC is a no go either for reasons I will not divilge.

If anyone does know of a 23.5 in good condition reasonably priced, please advise me or @knightinnc
I appreciate that @Crazy Dave Condon. I know we will find a good one. Also, I did a facetime with the boatowner in Charlotte today and and he gave me a tour of the boat and trailer. I took some screenshots of the boat. I will try to upload them shortly.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
For some reason I thought you told me the boat in Charlotte was a Rhodes. That is a hunter 23.5. Hull-to deck joint has to be repaired. Rudder May have to be replaced not knowing the actual condition. Busy today but call me this evening