A few warranty Issues on the Bavaria 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2008
Bavaria Crusier Bavaria 37 -
Following a haul-out of my 2007 Bavaria 37 for it first anti-foul and all round preparation for a summers sailing, a few issues have arisen which you may be interested to hear about: 1. Warranty Issue on the Volvo Penta D2-40. Seems there has be reliability issues with the EVC box on the engine, I was advised by Volvo if I have EVC part number: 3843668 (which I do) it must be changed to a newer version, part number: 21120710. The applies to other engines as well and not just the D2-40. 2. Bavaria are recalling (changing) the shore power electrical panel 302, I have no p/n for this as the delarship are taking care of it. I don't know what other models this may apply to. 3. Shroud base cracking. I noticed that a thin crack is propogating outwards from the starboard shroud cable deck fitting. The dealership contacted Bavaria who have supplied drawings and will send a repair kit which seems to install additional support plates. A friend with a Bavaria 46 is also seeing this problem on her boat only on the port side. Hope the above is of help, I'm new to Bavaria and so far the response of their representitives here has been generally positive. That said, I had to highlight the shroud fitting crack; Volvo (not Bavaria) advised me of the EVC problem during a chance to their office for parts- but did not do so when they did a service only a week before. In fairness, the Bavaria rep's here brought the new 302 panel with them to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.