A Call To The Omniscient Members Of This Forum*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray

I have a 50HP engine on my 26M. The lake near my home will not allow an engine over 10HP. Has anyone figured out how to add a small outboard (2HP)to the 26 without removing the main outboard? It is allowable to just lift the prop of the 50 out of the water and use the smaller engine. I just have not figured out how to add that smaller engine. Any ideas?

M

Marty26D

Adding a Kicker !

Most marine supply houses have a bracket that will mount to the BIG motor allowing you to add a lower HP "Kicker" Marty26D

M

mrbill

FWIW - paint the cover

I have a similar restriction on a canal near my house. I have a 15 hp on an alum boat, and 6 is max. I just taped over the HP rating on the cover. Usually these laws are for noise or saftey reasons, my guess is if dont try to plane the boat, you will not have a problem... (however, your results may vary... who's going to enfore this???) fwiw, an electric trolling motor may fit next to the big ob....

Jun 9, 2004
- - Jordan Lake, NC
If all else fails

If all else fails, I have a Johnson 9.9 on my 26X that I would be willing to trade (reluctantly of course). :) Happy sailing

Status
Not open for further replies.