A/C Water Pump Recommendations?

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
I’m looking to replace my 12-yr old 300gph with a new 500-650 gph pump. I just replaced my A/C with a newer 16.7BTU. The new unit recommended a 500- pump.

I’m looking at this one:
Seaflo

or, the equivalent of a March Pump?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Shannon

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Apr 1, 2012
Pearson 424 Charleston, SC
I bought the koolair 500 listed further up this page as a replacement pump two seasons ago, had to replace it this year. I went with the little giant 500 as that is what my ac manufacturer sells with their units.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
The March pump is seawater cooled and it doesn't appear any of those posted above are. I can't imagine an uncooled epoxy enclosed pump lasting like a March would. There's a reason that they are the standard in A/C seawater cooling pumps.
That said, I've had absolutely great service from the Little Giant pumps of the proper size, but they are in no way sealed and may not be submerged. Ours (A/C & Refer) are both over 10 years old and we have been full time liveaboards for that time and the refer pump runs at least two hours a day, every day.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Currently have a march pump that has been trouble free. Had a Cal pump on my previous boat. Very good quality; built like a tank! Would recommend either.

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
I have the March mag drive LC3-CP . The first one lasted 20 years. I am on second one now and the newer model appears to have a better cooling coil. The original one failed from coil overheat. I found the new one on eBay at a great price a few years back. My unit runs on dehumidifier mode when I am not there and ac runs when I am.

Jan 5, 2018
Based on all this feedback, I’m going to go with the March-500. I’ll let u guys know how it turns out. Thanks! Shannon

Oct 26, 2010
Hunter 40.5 Beaufort, SC
The March pump is seawater cooled and it doesn't appear any of those posted above are. I can't imagine an uncooled epoxy enclosed pump lasting like a March would.
I just installed the Seaflo 500GPH AC pump. The spec sheet says it is "liquid cooled", magnetic drive and can be installed either submerged or in air.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Based on all this feedback, I’m going to go with the March-500. I’ll let u guys know how it turns out. Thanks! Shannon
Can't go wrong with that choice! As with most things, costs a little more; however, it should provide years of trouble free service.

Jan 5, 2018
I just installed the Seaflo 500GPH AC pump. The spec sheet says it is "liquid cooled", magnetic drive and can be installed either submerged or in air.
u are correct! I just wish someone could vouch for its long term reliability....