'99 Hunter 410 Interior Cushion Fabric

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
Does anyone happen to know the name or manufacturer of the original blue fabric used for the H410 interior? One, perhaps two, of my cushions could use a recover, and I'd love to find a match if anyone else has already done this?

Attachments

Aug 17, 2013
Pearson P30 202 Ottawa/Gatineau
just bring a cushion to an upholstery shop and they should be able to look in their catalogs to find a match

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
Thanks, I'll try that if no one else has already gone through this.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
My wife recovered all of ours several years ago. I always thought the original was not too attractive. I doubt you can match that stuff.

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
Thanks, but I'm not that handy with a sewing machine yet......

Dec 29, 2012
Hunter 37 Jacksonville
We have looked extensively for a similar type of fabric and have had no luck. So matching that exact one is probably going to be at least very difficult. Likely not going to happen. There should be several people in your area that do boat upholstery and we found them to be pretty reasonable. We got excellent recommendations from a sail loft. Probably can get more recommendations from a marina, or most anyone in the industry.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Depending on what year but I went through same thing for my 2007 H-36 and sent to a canvas shop that made cushions for Hunter once and can’t remember the name but it was in St.Augustine Fl shop where looked at all their books of canvas but I had no luck.
Nick

Oct 24, 2019
Hunter 38 Baltimore
Looked for quite a while for ours with no luck. At least yours is blue. If you're not too picky you'll find something close but not the same fabric. Even if you did find the same fabric you would find that yours has faded and even the good cushions are more worn than you think and it would not match perfectly.
Ours is a gold color with a pattern and someone covered one bottom cushion with something not even close. We've been trying to decide for months on what to use to recover with. We really wanted to go with cloth but none of them passed our own personal sunscreen test. It always left a stain. Ultraleather is just too $$. So with some disappointment we'll be using vinyl. We haven't settled on which one yet and I don't love the look, but I'll like it more than stained cloth in 5 years. (my wife wants a light color) Our guests and the grand kids are just not as careful as we are and its going to happen.
Going to be around $2300 for the saloon in our 38 depending on which material we choose. That's a pretty good price in our area. Had estimates as high as $4300. Lots of variables in the upholstery also. Plenty on line about it.

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
Thanks for the input, and let us know what you end up going with!

May 28, 2015
hunter 460 Stuart
The blue cloth with the little gold accents is named “Port of Call Blue”. Or, “Port O Call Blue”. We obtained a swatch from hunter in st Augustine back in 2004 regard our 2001 460. I have the swatch in a file with the name. Give that a search and if it doesn’t come so, give me a holler and I’ll pull the file from storage to double check. Best of luck. Would appreciate further info you or anyone comes up with in price for new cushion and reupholstery. Just want to know the range of pricing. Course, the back rest foam cushions are certainly going to be easier than the molded ones we sit upon.

BobH57

Oct 23, 2019
Hunter 410 Solomons, MD
Thanks for the info- I did a quick web search but didn't find Port of Call Blue fabric. Mine doesn't have gold accents, either.

May 28, 2015
hunter 460 Stuart
Thanks for the info- I did a quick web search but didn't find Port of Call Blue fabric. Mine doesn't have gold accents, either.
Sorry, now I think more about it, I have seen the blue from your photo on other hunters. It’s not the same as mine. But I did remember something else. St Augustine marine center on Riberia st sent us to a upholstery shop someplace right there in the area. I remember going to the shop and that’s where we got the swatch of cloth with the name. Seems they said this shop did a lot of piece meal and warranty work for Hunter. It’s a long time ago. Good luck on your search. Tim