'94 Oceanis 351 (BEY62042E494), cable route to fwd nav light.

mpower

Oct 11, 2021
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Puntarenas, Costa Rica
I have imperfect continuity of +ve wire only between wago harness connector block1.10 and spade connector of +ve of Aqua Signal forward nav. light incandescent bulb. I can't follow the cable further aft than stbd locker of fwd cabin, where it runs in a tray formed by the upturned edge of the overhead ceiling molding. Can anyone say exactly where this cable runs between fwd cabin and the connectors behind the distribution panel on port side above nav table? Does it run in a conduit (that I might pull a new/replacement cable through)? Where does it cross over from stbd to port side? And has anyone had to deal with this before? For info, the cable (pos and neg) is in a grey vinyl sheath near the light, and the +ve wire that leaves the wago blocks has brown insulation.

RoyS

Jun 3, 2012
Hunter 33 Steamboat Wharf, Hull, MA
I am totally unfamiliar with your boat. What likely happened to your Nav Light is the negative wire is used for your cabin lights as well as the Nav light. What may help is to open the cabin lights and check the voltage at each one looking for a voltage drop caused by a poor connection on the negative wire. Repair that and you should be OK.

mpower

Oct 11, 2021
Thanks RoyS..this was my first post on this new-to-me forum. Using an independent wire, I have connected the output connection of the Wago block direct to the +ve terminal of the nav light bulb and it works fine, confirming (to me anyway) a discontinuity in the original +ve cable. Before I start tearing things apart, I was wondering if anybody knew exactly how/where the original cable runs from the fwd cabin to the wago connector block behind the distribution panel so that I may replace it.
Mike

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Most likely runs across cabin roof from the starboard side over to port electrical panel . There is a conduit from the panel to just under the mast . I have pulled wires thru it .you would just have to feed to the other side.
Also you would most likely get a better answer on the 351 /352 facebook site with over 200 members from all over the world
If you found the wire in the V berth locker, brown wire 1.10 is there power at that point ?

Last edited:

mpower

Oct 11, 2021
Thanks, Mechone, you're probably correct that the cable runs in that conduit to the mast base and thence to stbd side in the ceiling channel and finally along the ceiling edge forward. I'll check that out and try to run a new cable that route tomorrow, and will revert. Not so straightforward answering your last question...multimeter shows full voltage at nav light terminals with bulb removed but zero when bulb is reinserted, indicating a partial break/imperfect connection somewhere between 1.10 and the bulb (I haven't measured resistance in the line, but will do that between 1.10 and at the locker and finally at bulb terminal before dismantling!). And thanks for FB 351/352 site rec..I'll ask those members too!