94 Hunter 29.5 cabin plexi window,& also blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2013
hunter 33.5 tampa
I am looking at a 1994 Hunter 29.5 but see where the cabin plexi window is cracked and needs to be replaced. Appreciate any info from an owner who has had it done.

#2, this model has no toe rail, no place to set blocks to fly an, "A" sail, whats up with that ???

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Gloucester, VA
If you are talking about the large curved window in front of the mast I just had mine done. I had the window from the previous owner who got it from Hunter. The labor alone was about $1,100 to cut, fit and replace. But if it leaks it is their leak not mine. Plus it looks like it came from the factory, they did a great job.

Jun 23, 2013
hunter 33.5 tampa
That is one of the windows, the others on the side of the cabin, both sides are also leaking or cracked. dDdnt realize the $ involved, thanks for the reply.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Gloucester, VA
the problem with the top window is the compound curve. the window is shipped flat and is bent under pressure. It is held down with screws and sealant/adhesive. I have talked to others who tried to DYI them and they failed very shortly after. One friend of mines boat still leaks there.

Jun 23, 2013
hunter 33.5 tampa
Good information, again my thanks. Found a place called, "Sailors Warf" had been a Hunter Dealer a while back, they have a knowledgeable guy there, I'm talking with him .........

May 1, 2009
Hunter 30 Groton, CT
I replaced my 'windshield' this past spring. I found a site in Florida which I boxed the old and they bent a piece for 350. Plus tax and shipped back. I sealed it with Dow Corning 795 laid two bags of sand across it. Came out great. The port lights are available on this site direct. Replaced two of those at approx $125 each.
How's the floor under the bow ( hot water tank) ? These tend to rot ... Good luck

May 1, 2009
Hunter 30 Groton, CT
Twenty year old caulk likely needs replacing anyway ....my side lights have begun leaking this spring... But I'm intent on enjoying the boat and can put of till I haul

Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 29.5 Orange Beach, AL
Go to the search window and type in: hunter window replacement, and you'll find several good threads.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
Would like the name of the company in Florida that made a replacement windshield.

Jun 23, 2013
hunter 33.5 tampa
Dont have that but would suggest you call, " Sailors Warf" in St.Pete, ask for service and talk with Eric. He has been there a long time and was there when they were a Hunter Dealer, spoke with him last week, he is very very knowledgeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.