87' M25 water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard Gresham

The Oberdorpher (sp?) water pump on my 87' M25 is leaking at the gasket or shaft. Is there a rebuild kit for this pump ? Thanks

M

Mike

Just did the same thing...

I have the m25, but with the sherwood pump. If yours is engine driven, the following will help. First, Have Torsen Marine http://www.torresen.com/universal/welcome.html fax you an exploded diagram of your pump. Most likely, you won't need an entire kit ($$). Then remove your pump, and disassemble it - pay attention to the order that the parts come off. Then, order the parts that obviously need replacing. Also, maybe a couple of spares since you're already paying the freight. It's a pretty easy job (at least the Sherwood was). Good luck!

G

Gordon Torresen

Oberdorfer kit

A rebuild kit #298416 is available for your Oberdorfer pump @$67.88. It contains the two seals, a cover gasket and an impeller. You will also need a base gasket #298485 @ $0.82. The seals must be installed in the proper direction (back to back) to keep the water in the pump and the oil in the engine.

R

Russ Williams

RE: M25 Water Pump

I just planned on rebuilding my leaking Oberdorfer(sp?) pump and found my shaft to be corroded and scored. I bought a new pump for about $150 and a spare impeller and cover gaskets. Mine had a slow oil and water leak and on a 1984 model M25 on a C36. Russ C36 #206 Four Sail

Status
Not open for further replies.