'86 Hunter 34 rudder

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom Riggins

We just had our girl hauled and bottom painted, it appears are rudder is delaminating and we'll need to eventually replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions on a reasonable place to purchase a "like orginal" rudder for the 34' Thanks! Tom

Jun 29, 2004
Hunter H34 San Francisco Bay Area
One listed in classified

They have one listed in gear for sale section of classified Ads here.

R

Ray

Look for

frankv74 on ebay. He has one. It was listed a few weeks ago and was not sold. Asking $650.00. Item # 230053988326. Good Luck

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Probably $1100-1500

Tom: You are probably looking at $1100 - $1500 for a new one plus freight. If you purchase a used one, be sure that it is the upgraded unit. The originals were upgraded by the factory at sometime during the model cycle. I think that the orignal ones were undersized. Foss Foam mfg. these units.

BChase

Dec 12, 2006
Hunter 34 Annapolis
Now I'm worried

The thought of a rudder going at the wrong time is one of the nightmares I have always had. What should one look for to know if there is something to worry about? I have an '83 H34, and it has one of the original rudders -- because I do have a weather helm that is startling sometimes. Thanks,

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Worried? Good!

Ignorance is bliss. Rudders should always be at the top of your inspection list. Now, that said, mine is original on my 86 H34. No problems YET! But it'll get a going-over next spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.