85 Oday 28 Main Sheet Traveler

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
I did use my original track, traveler car and mainsheet block. I purchased the four new blocks I needed from Garhauer (two control end blocks and two cheek blocks for the traveler car).

If it was me I'd go with Garhauer again. I only added that link to the traveler at Defender because it looked like a good deal. If the components fit your track you could just put them on without using the track that comes with the kit (which is probably too short anyway).

If I was you I'd measure the width of your track and call Garhauer and then maybe send them your pictures and see what they can do.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
I did use my original track, traveler car and mainsheet block. I purchased the four new blocks I needed from Garhauer (two control end blocks and two cheek blocks for the traveler car).

If it was me I'd go with Garhauer again. I only added that link to the traveler at Defender because it looked like a good deal. If the components fit your track you could just put them on without using the track that comes with the kit (which is probably too short anyway).

If I was you I'd measure the width of your track and call Garhauer and then maybe send them your pictures and see what they can do.
You would not happen to have a part number list or copy of your invoice I could work from would you? (Hate to get the wrong stuff and have to ship back and start again.) Using the original track is a big deal from a time saving and boat not down standpoint. I also wrote Schaefer who is looking into this, but I like direct feedback from satisfied customers rather than taking manufacturer's word for something. Sorry to trouble you!

dfp51

Jun 26, 2019
O'Day 28 Lorain, Ohio
^Guido will let you know what you need. It is very likely that you are going to have to call Garhauer and give them the measurements of your current track (they will tell you what they need) so they can size the appropriate blocks for you.

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
You would not happen to have a part number list or copy of your invoice I could work from would you? (Hate to get the wrong stuff and have to ship back and start again.) Using the original track is a big deal from a time saving and boat not down standpoint. I also wrote Schaefer who is looking into this, but I like direct feedback from satisfied customers rather than taking manufacturer's word for something. Sorry to trouble you!
I'm sorry I don't have any part numbers. As dfp51 suggests, call Guido at Garhauer and discuss it.
I have lots of friends who have used Garhauer with nothing but good feedback. The only downside I have heard is that if they need to fabricate something it can take some time.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
That's ok. Thank you for trying. Going to measure my track width tonight. Looks to be Nicro Fico X track. Sure would be good if I could get away with only buying 4 blocks, no rip out etc.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
measure height as well, then take pictures to help described the shape (groove). Good luck!

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Well I think I have identified what I have and anyone in the trade fo a few years will probably recognize if they also have the photos. This is a Nicro-Fico 610 1-7/16 (37mm) X-track with an NF 587 traveler and 611N Rubber stop with a pin in it (not sure how the pin removes!). There were parts from NF to do what I want, but NF and their parts are long gone apparently. Next stop is Gerhauer I guess. No suggestion resulting from Schaefer's referral of me to Rig-Rite.

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Richard: Did you have to remove your track to do the install? It kind of sounded like you did not, but that seems impossible as you had to slide those end blocks on at least, right?

Jun 11, 2004
Oday 31 Redondo Beach
I did not remove my track. Those "permanent" stops at each end of your track should unscrew and come right off allowing you to slide off the old pin stops and slide on the new end control blocks. The traveler car should also slide right off. At least mine did.

In one of my pictures you can see the small phillips screw holding on the end piece. Your's looks a bit different but I think if you take out the one screw on your end piece it will come off and allow you to slide off the stops and car. That should be an easy thing for you to check out.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Thanks again, Richard. I wrote Gerhauer last week enclosing my pictures and stating my needs. No answer back yet. I see your end stops have screws, mine have pins apparently, but one way or another I am sure I can get them off when the time comes. Much obliged, sir!

Jul 5, 2011
Oday 28 Madison, CT
Still no reply from Garhauer after more than 10 days. Wonder if they are closed up temporarily or for good.